Welcome to the blog of FSX/P3D developer Dutcheeseblend! Enjoy reading!

Saturday 24 January 2015

T.5 in texturing phase

Hi everybody,
 
Time to bring an T.5 update to you: I'm texturing the beast. But in the meantime, more has happened. I made an official first virtual flight with the T.5, from Welschap Airfield (which is currently Eindhoven Airport), made by Cees Donker. Cees is back on scenerydesign again and in what a way! I feel like coming home in sim with my D.21 ;)
 
Anyway, this is a shot from the tail turret over Welschap.
 
 
Obviously, the starting point of the T.5 texturing phase, after a horrible mapping week, was the commonality between the T.5 and D.21. This is the main landing gear tyre, I improved threading and color transition between wall and threading, with respect to the D.21.
 
 
As you might observe, I made an Ambient Occlusion pass with Blender on the plane to improve, well, shading... Satisfied!
 
Todays update was on the texturing, I finished all riveting and most metal parts fasteners.
 
 
At the rear fuselage section, I started shading of the fabric panels. Tedious job...
 

Hope this informs you guys!

Wishing you a blessed sunday, regards, Daan
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment