Welcome to the blog of FSX/P3D developer Dutcheeseblend! Enjoy reading!

Monday 11 August 2014

New custom environment map

Since I don't really like the grey looking default FSX global environment map, I decided to make one myself, as part of an experiment too. Another motivation to make a custom environment map, is because of the non-Dutch looking of the default one. That made me to derive a environment map from a regular flight above the ever-fantastic NL2000 scenery.
 
To get a good feedback of the thing I made, I exaggerated the reflection settings. This is what it looks at the gauges' glass.
 
 
 
And after a close-up at the compass, it looks quite nice.
 
 
 
Concluding with a pic of the map in the Ati cubemapgenerator.
 

I'm happy with the result, even more since it's my first try at this technique.

Regarding the development progress: beta testing phase continuing, still no release date yet.

Have a good night!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment